a day with two missions
Starting off with pictures for yesterday and today :)




Both the pictures were taken in the washroom before we headed to the cinema for Letters to Juliet :)

Nikki and I accomplished 2 missions today - baked the chinese cookies [it's called Hup Toh Soh in cantonese] and watched The Time Traveler's Wife.

I went over to Nikki's house in the morning and watched tv with her for a while before we headed to the kitchen. It was then that we realised neither of us had baking powder. So, we walked to the shops nearby to check if they sell baking powder. Unfortunately, none of the shops sell it so Nikki woke Eugene up to fetch us out to get it.




Nikki copied the recipe from a website onto a piece of paper so we wouldn't need to refer from the computer repeatedly (like what we did when we baked fruit tarts previously).


Here're the ingredients we used, except the ammonia (which was still in the fridge), cooking oil and eggs.

the few steps done to bake the cookies :

1. Sift the flour, castor sugar and other ingredients.
2. Pound the walnuts.
3. Mix the sifted ingredients with the pounded walnuts and cooking oil.
4. Knead the dough. (this didn't really work for us coz the dough wasn't very well-formed)
5. Shape the dough and put them into the oven.
6. The cookies! hahaha it's not very difficult to bake them, but not too simple at the same time. Anyway, the cookies tasted very much nicer than it looks! haha



us in action!

1. Nikki sifting the flour. I did that too okay. Just that there's no picture for evidence lol.
2. Me, pounding the walnuts. Don't ask me why was I sitting so awkwardly coz I didn't know that it looked like that until I saw the picture. But I felt comfortable sitting like that at that moment hahaa.
3. Nikki kneading the dough! I didn't help in that because my fingernails were quite long. And if I were to do it, I think the dough will be stuck in my nails hahaha. Sounds pretty disgusting huh?
4. Pre-heating the oven.



We watched this after lunch! We finally watched it after so long of wanting to do so. The movie was okay, not too sad to the extent that I'd tear. hahaha it's not that easy (but not that difficult as well) to make me tear! It's overall a nice movie and the story was interesting. haha it's something out of the box :D
0 Responses