.Joint Leo Installation of Region 5.
[note : long post ahead. =) ]

so much of memories i had in the 5 years of being a Leo. the Leo spirit in us rised gradually and it reached its peak last year and this year, when we officially took over the board. it feels great to be a Leo, going through things that not everyone have a chance to experience. doing more things than some others. knowing more things than others. for my entire year of being a Secretary for the club, i always thought that my secretary job is really burdening and pressuring. but in fact, never did i realise that how helpful was it. yes, i had so many reports to check, to do, and to send. but indirectly, it actually helped me to write better. not to say that i can write very well now, but at least, better than the past. =)

i actually cant really remember what drew my attention to join Leo Club. i remember that when we were back in Form 1, we were supposed to choose a club to join. and i had a few choices in mind - Leo, Photography or Webmaster. end up, i choosed Leo, but i dont know why. and in fact, it was the least established club in our school at that time. Leo Club was founded in our school in year 2005 (yes, it was just founded when i first stepped into the school). but eventually, i joined photography club too and webmaster never come across my mind anymore. haha.

ahh, now i know how much i actually miss being a Leo, organising projects, attending events and meetings, participating as a project's committee and all..so much of joy and hard work.

haha okay let me blog about today. i'm no longer the Leo Secretary of my school's Leo Club..haha..the few of us, the (outgoing) board of directors 2008/09 went for the installation today..it felt like time passed so fast! it's like..as if i'm back to last year, when i was installed as the secretary. and it's great to see the incoming board being installed at a different place and with a different environment. i passed down my post to Wei Sheng.

Sonya and I


Pamela and I

Wen Jun and I


lol the secretary for 2009/10. xD



hahaha sonyaaaa.


the emcees of the day : Jeremy and his partner (lol sorry i forgot her name! xD)

Last year's Leo Idol, Christopher.

Pei Wen and I, in the toilet. xD lol she wanted to stand a step in front of me so that we'll look like we're of the same height! LOL

us again =)

a blurred picture of the newly inducted Leos.


Pei Wen and Pamela with the medal and the plastic hammer that Pei Wen passed down to Jeremy.

the incoming directors.

the outgoing + incoming key officers.

our newly installed President, Jeremy, and the outgoing President, Pei Wen. =D

Andrew and another guy performing Medley. it was one of the greatest performance of the day, with the most support! lol

the newly inducted members and newly installed directors with our always-so-helpful Lion Advisor, Lion Yong.

a candid one.


the 4 outgoing key officers who came and Lion Yong. =)

hahahah the outgoing and incoming secretaries! =D

lol us again, with the file that i passed down to him. the messages that i wrote on the papers inside were rather hilarious. xD.
now, seeing those new chairpersons and key officers that we've groomed, i actually feel a little proud of ourselves. we've done so much for the club and made our club's name well known (at least in the Region). and now, it's their turn to maintain our club's name soaring up high or even make it a better club. =D.

there's no way that i can express my gratitude to the Lions (especially to Lion Yong Kheng Loong and Lion Chan Kee Oi), who actually helped us so much in whatever way they could, Pei Wen who helped me so much in doing the reports (corrections and all), Sonya who always send her treasurer report to me on time and assist me in anything when i needed help, and other directors who helped so much. thanks so so much. i'll always remember you guys, people who helped me so much throughout my 5 years of being a Leo, especially when i was a secretary for the club. =)

today, YB Hannah Yeoh said something quite inspirational and i find it quite true. when we (Pei Wen and I) were thinking of how to fill in the award application forms, we were thinking of ways to impress the Lions so that we can attain awards. indirectly, we're competing. not among ourselves, but with Leos from other Leo Clubs. Hannah Yeoh said that we shouldnt be competing to get awards, but instead, think of alternatives to accomplish whatever we pledge.
this is the Leo Pledge :

I Pledge off my hands,extended and open, to help those in need.
I pledge off my heart, reach for it, and it will be touched.
I pledge of my ears,to hear another's outcry.
My eyes to see, the plight of others.
My knowledge to bring,a man closer to his dreams.
I pledge off myself,for the betterment of my community, and my country.


how many of us actually do whatever we pledge? i doubt many, not even myself. Hannah Yeoh actually made us realise that we're not that good afterall. being able to get awards doesn't mean that we've helped others. it's just the way that we filled in the award application forms impressed the Lions and they probably felt a tinge of sincerity in us. haha but i'm not trying to say that we don't deserve the award. but just that, we should do more than what we get. Pei Wen realised this earlier i suppose? i remember her asking me this : "Do you feel that we (or our club) deserves so many awards?". haha in a way, yes, we do. but in a way, we don't also. lol depending on which prespective we're thinking from, we may or may not deserve the awards. so yeah, up to u guys to think whether we deserve those awards or not.

okay i know that this post is getting lengthy. so in no way that i'll continue typing and make my readers start yawning. so yeah, ending the post here.

Leo Club of SMK USJ 8, ROAR! ROAR! ROAR!
0 Responses